Donate your birthday to help us End the Darkness.
548 million people in Africa alone have no access to electricity. Without electricity, families have no clean source of light, leaving millions to rely on dangerous alternatives like candles.
With your support, they could have solar light instead.
For every £4 donated to SolarAid, we can reach another family with solar light. If you turned each candle that you blow out into a solar light, this could make a huge difference to many people. Over three years, just one light would save a family £159 they would otherwise spend on candles.
Fundraising for SolarAid is a memorable way to mark your birthday and support our work! Below are some tips to help get people to give when the time comes:
- Create your Birthday Fundraiser
- Ask all of your lovely friends to donate in celebration.
- We always suggest creating a target so that your donors feel like they are contributing towards something.
- Get a few close friends to start you off now. This will make other people directed to your page more confident about giving to you.
- To really make your fundraising a success, it’s a great idea to promote your efforts to as many people as possible. Tell everyone you know and share it on social media. We want to help too, so make sure you mention us in your posts! You can find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram as @SolarAid.
- You could also make a day of it and plan your birthday as a fundraising event! Everyone loves a party – it’s a great way to have fun, celebrate and raise vital funds and awareness for SolarAid.
Thanks so much once again for choosing to support us – we can’t wait to celebrate your birthday with you!
No Facebook? You can still celebrate with us! Just fill in the below form and create a JustGiving page.