Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge in Finance? A position has arisen at SolarAid for a UK Management Accountant to provide key accounting support for SolarAid UK and the SolarAid Group.
Location: London, UK (Hybrid working possible)
Contract: Full time
Salary: Either £35,700 to £41,475 (depending on experience) if you are fully qualified or £27,300 to £31,500 plus a contribution towards your study package if you are not
Closing date: Midnight on 10th September 2023
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join SolarAid’s dynamic and growing team. This is key role within the organisation, working with Director of Finance and Resources and with the Finance Teams in Malawi and Zambia. The role would particularly suit someone who is taking professional accountancy exams either CCAB or AAT.
The successful candidate will be used to working within a busy and fast paced environment and have the ability to work with colleagues of all levels across the business.
Who you are
- You should have or be working towards a CCAB or AAT accounting qualification.
- Have attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines
- A good working knowledge of Excel and accounting software
- The ability to reconcile bank accounts, and control accounts
- Able to work with colleagues at different levels across the organisation in an assertive but supportive way
- The ability to work with the company’s external auditors, playing a key role in supporting during the annual audit.
- Have experience of working in a Finance Team, ideally for at least two years
What we can offer you
- 27 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- 7% matching employer pension contribution
- Death in service benefit
- An annual organisational training budget
- Flexible working-hours.
- Remote working within agreed parameters
- A tight knit, friendly and close working team
There is no time like the present to take a stand for people and the planet. We can’t wait to have you join the SolarAid team.
At SolarAid, our mission means we strive to ensure everyone has the chance to thrive & find their place in the world. This means we celebrate diverse communities and different individuals’ cultures. As an equal-opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring we create a supportive environment where everyone can succeed.
To apply, please send your up-to-date CV along with a covering letter or supporting statement telling us how your skills and experience match the role requirements to the SolarAid Team at [email protected].
The successful candidate must have a right to work in the UK and plan to be based here.