SolarAid is a unique organisation where a small bequest can make a big difference.
As a charity we rely on support from our donors and your contributions are essential to the continuation of SolarAid.
Your support can continue to make a positive impact even after you are gone. By setting up a donation, as a simple paragraph in your will, you can leave a lasting legacy which will enable SolarAid to flourish for years to come.
Legacy donations provide important core funding enabling SolarAid to:
- Continue distributing solar lights to those most in need in rural Africa
- Teach people about the potential of solar and solar energy
- Train and develop solar sales agents and mentor social entrepreneurs
- Catalyse solar markets in the developing world to help provide clean energy to everyone
Your support will have a positive impact for years to come.
There are two main ways you can leave a legacy in your will, as either a specific sum of money or a residuary legacy.
If you want to leave to leave a specific amount to SolarAid this is called a pecuniary legacy. Its real value may decrease over time, due to inflation.
With a residuary legacy you decide what percentage of your estate you want to leave to SolarAid. This kind of legacy is not lessened by the rate of inflation. It is paid from the residue or remainder of your estate after other debts, liabilities and specific bequests have been made.
Please fill in the form below to find out more, or contact your solicitor and ask them to insert ONE of the following paragraphs into your will:
- I give (XX per cent) of the residue of my estate both real and personal to SolarAid, 30-36 Pritchard’s Rd, London E2 9AP, UK, Registered charity number 1115960 (England and Wales), for their general purposes and the receipt of the proper officer of the charity shall be sufficient discharge for my Trustees.
- I give to SolarAid, 30-36 Pritchard’s Rd, London E2 9AP, UK, Registered charity number 1115960 (England and Wales, the sum of £X,XXX for their general purposes and the receipt of the proper officer of the charity shall be sufficient discharge for my Trustees.
Or please fill in the form below to find out more, or contact +44 (0)20 7278 0400
I am interested in finding out more about leaving a legacy to SolarAid.